Monday, September 16, 2013

It's A New Dawn, It's A New Day, It's A New Life

So it's half three in the morning and I'm fully aware that I should be in bed right now but here I am packing up to move back up to Maynooth after two years away. Well, if we're being technical, I was there for a whole two months last year but that was such a fail I don't really count it. This is a big deal for me and I am pretty nervous if I'm honest, I am heading into an entirely new year, which will consist mostly of students who were still doing their leaving cert the last time I was a proper college student. They're going to be babies and I'm just... old.

Final year is going to be tough, I have heard all the stories. I may not be queen of academia but I can work when I have to and I am prepared. I refuse to let myself down. I don't think that work will be my biggest issue though, that would be how different this year will be in comparison to before. Back then I knew everyone, I would always bump into some, would always have someone to head out with and I would always have something to do. I was never really on my own and I'm scared that I will be this year. Most of my friends have graduated, some have even finished their Masters already, and very few are still around. Those that are would be pretty busy with either their post-grads or jobs. I am going to have to try and get used to making new friends again and pushing myself to keep a social life.

But, I am not letting anything put me down. I am only going to let the last two years make me better. I have learned from them and they have made me even more determined to be the best student that I can be. I'm not expecting miracles and I'm prepared for the obstacles that I know will get in my way, but I know that I can do this. I want this year to pave the way for the new me. The me that can handle everything that can come my way, and I am expecting a lot. I'm a big girl and I am strong. I just need to prove that to myself.

Bring it on. Bring it all on.

No comments:

Post a Comment