Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In the Summertime....

Well summer has finally arrived. Exams are over, all my stuff is moved back home and I'm sitting in my Dad's office acting as his secretary for the day. For the next 2 and a half months I am completely free from all things study related.

Well I should be...
Instead in two weeks time I will be starting a six week long adventure as a Research Assistant for the NUI Maynooth SPUR (Summer Programme for Undergraduate Research) programme. In some crazy fluke I was picked to be the assistant on one of the History projects. It's all about the tactics used by the the governments of Portugal, Rhodesia and South Africa after 1961 to preserve white-minority rule in their respective territories (Yes I did basically just copy and paste that! :P). I am quite looking forward to this. The information will definitely be fascinating especially for me who was born and lived in Southern Africa and I have done Research projects on the whole aspect of racism in Africa before (Ah Leaving Cert History - Seretse and Ruth Khama thanks for making me pass!). But at the same time getting worried! I can only imagine myself getting completely lost and not having a clue what I am doing! I tend to do that a lot! I'm just going to have to try my hardest and hope that I do not disappoint I guess! I'll try to keep you all updated on how I get on anyway!
Oh and once I finish that I'm straight into working on the NUIM Law Newsletter The Golden Thread so we can have it ready in time to recruit as many First Year Law students to work on it for next year! It's going to be weird not being the youngest next year. I'm going to have to know what I'm doing in Second Year!

I've also got a chance of getting a job this summer hopefully! I have an induction at the Aviva Stadium tomorrow morning at 10am which I am hoping will turn into a job that will pay every so often! I have already had to turn down one job because of SPUR so I need this one! I am sick of having to ask my parents for money all the time. My plan is to save as much of my earnings as I can this summer so that I can pay my way through College for a while next year! The SPUR will get me €1500 so with the hope that after all the necessary expenses like travel have been paid for the rest of the money will hopefully be able to keep me going through as much of First semester that I can manage!

My only other plans for summer are to hopefully buy myself an Oxegen ticket and enjoy that! All in all it won't be a particularly exciting summer but I will make the best of it!

I was going to add more to this about the drama of my birthday but I've decided that that needs a post of it's own so that's up next! :) I'll let you all look forward to that and enjoy summer everyone!

Lotsa Luv!
Síomha aka XxCrazyxAngelxX <3
XoxoxoxoxoxoxoX

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Currently listening to: The silence of my dad's office! Damn computer doesn't have speakers! Although I do have to recommend that everyone looks up the French Eurovision Entry and welcome Summer in with that! It is the ultimate Summer song and should have won! :D
Currently Wearing: My 'not warm enough to go too summery outfit' - black flats, my classic Grey Skinny Jeans from Pennys, my awesome H&M orange leopard print strapless top with my black belt on the waist and the staple black cardigan! Funnily enough apart from the shoes and cardigan everything I'm wearing is all a few years old by now! And even the cardigan and shoes are just new copies of my old falling apart black flats and cardigan! :D Who says new clothes are a necessity? Oh wait, that would be me! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment